Can I paint a desk in cold weather?

AllisonWKelli L. MilliganKmdreamer
+3

I am turning an old desk into a makeup vanity and would like to paint it and put mirror glass on it but I am getting started late. It's starting to get cold here in Minnesota and my garage is not insulated. Can I still do it or do I need to wait until next summer?Thanks!Allison

• Mogie

How cold is the weather?

• Gk

I live in northern Minnesota. Can you paint it inside the house? I do that all the time! I do most of my projects in the winter when it's too cold to do anything else! I would set the desk on 2x4's on the floor with newspaper under the 2x4's to catch any drips. The 2x4's will raise it up off the newspaper so you can get the edges without getting the newspaper stuck to the paint! Obviously you can't use spray paint but if you are using chalk paint/mineral paint or latex paint and primer with a brush you should be fine. I would not do it in the garage anymore unless there's a beautiful fall day with temps higher than 65 and you know that it will be drying at that temp.

• Bushra

If you have a garage paint it there. Here is a good guide to follow how i do it... https://bushraslifestyle.com/how-to-chalk-paint-furniture-plus-chalk-paint-recipe/

Let me know if you need any further help please? Good luck

• Kmdreamer

You should still be able to paint it

• Kelli L. Milligan

You'll be ok until it hits 32 or below.

• AllisonW

Thank you, everyone!