Nan
Nan
  • Rehoboth, MA
Asked on Nov 5, 2019

How can I cover wood tables to prevent water stains and scratches?

Kathy Gunter LawWilliamNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+1

I have several antique oak end tables. What can i use to cover the tops of them to prevent water stains/scratches. Asking someone to cut glass for them could be expensive. Ideas?

• Gk

Plexiglass? Clear plastic? Perhaps clear computer chair mats cut to fit?

• Do you have any granite and marble stoneyards in the area? If so visit them and shop the deep discount section. They sell leftover bits from bigger jobs for pennies on the dollar. Typically they will cut to fit for a nominal fee. I did that with a few tops of end tables for a different look.

Tile, mirror squares, Home Depot and Menard's have cut glass in different sizes. They also have polycarbonate cut in different sizes (K- lux).

• Kathy Gunter Law

Check with hardware stores that cut glass for window panes. I had some glass cut for mine and it wasn't expensive at all. I have it on my night stands and tops of my dressing table and chest of drawers.