Asked on Nov 11, 2019

How can I get my figerglass tub white again?

ConnieAKathy Gunter LawDebi53
+2

my fibergalss unit has yellowed in spots and I'd like to know if there's a way to make it white again.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Marnette,

Not sure you can, but try UPVC cleaner it might just help! Best wishes.

• Pat

My friend used oven cleaner with good results

• Debi53

You can also use Magic erasers. They are slightly abrasive so they actually sand off the yellowed finish. This will take a LOT of elbow grease and erasers, but I have found it to make some difference. I don't think you will ever get it back to like new, though.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Lysol Lime & Rust Remover Toilet Bowl cleaner, comes in a black squirt bottle. Scrub with Scrub Daddy or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If stubborn, use a scouring stick to scrub.

Sadly, it could be the finish actually yellowing so be careful not to remove the finish in your cleaning efforts.

• ConnieA

I also tried the oven cleanser, Easy Off , recommended from this site. It works! I was going to have to resurface my tub. You need good ventilation and wear a mask.