Asked on Nov 18, 2019

How can I repaint kitchen cabinets that are painted w/ textured paint?

Jeremy HoffpauirMolly - Just a Little CreativityFiddledd224
+3

I have kitchen cabinets that were painted using a paint that has sand in it. I want to repaint it but will I need to sand it before painting? I am not really fond of the texture. Any ideas on what I could do to update or change colors?

• Rose

There is a new paint I’m looking into called beyond paint. There is a picture on today’s Hometalk that inspired me to investigate it. It might be what you need . If you contact info@beyondpaint.com I understand you can get a sample. Good luck. I hope this was helpful.

• Gk

You will have to sand the texture off. Any new paint that you put over the texture will not hide it. What colors do you like? I see so many kitchen cabinets painted white, off white, gray, blue, or green! It's all about what you'd like in your kitchen and what coordinates with your decor! I had deep dark red kitchen cabinets for a long while and then I changed to gray! Loved both!

• You should definitely sand it

• Fiddledd224

Why not try working with the texture but spraying it another color? Just a short term solution but it will give you new perspective.

• Yeah, I agree with everyone else. For the best results long term, sanding is gonna be the way to go. But just think how awesome they'll be when you're finished!

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

Yes, but you may need to sand the texture off if you don't want the texture...

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://do-daddy.com