Asked on Nov 22, 2019

How can I hang or attach this faux fireplace?

VeronicaMichelleJessica VanderVeen
+6

The bottom of the fireplace mantle doesn’t match up with my baseboards. Would it look ok if I hung it above the baseboard?

• Hi Amy, do you mean the fireplace isn't level when it's up against the baseboards? I think touching the base boards, if you're not planning to place it over them would be best, so there's no gap.

Hey Amy: Sure, it would look fine. If you want it to fit on top of the baseboard, then you could mark where the baseboard touches the uprights and sort of nibble the wood away so that it fits flush over the baseboard. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would think it would be fine. Then fill in with a small bead of caulk.

• Gk

I think it would look better over the baseboard. Looks as if it's been trimmed away at the bottom to fit over a baseboard--maybe not yours--perhaps you can do a bit more trimming to get it to fit over the baseboard.

• Gk

You could just notch the back like this! It's just two nice straight cuts that will fit over ANY baseboad trim!

I agree with GK. Notch the legs of the baseboard for a quick and easy install. To really make it look right....remove the baseboard the width of the mantle. Since real fireplaces don't have baseboard going through then anyway.

• Jessica VanderVeen

I think it would look best if it was on the floor. You could notch out the back of the fireplace so it would fit nicely

• Michelle

where did you get the fire place surround? I have a small electric heater that looks like a wood stove. This is what I want.

• Veronica

Nice Idea Good Idea..