Asked on Feb 21, 2020

How can I make a peephole in a wall?

KarenFlipturnNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+10

my garage extends well past the entrance to my house. I would like to be able to look out of my kitchen and see my driveway without going outside. peepholes are way to small but looking for that kind of concept that will afford the ability to check things out without going outside. we have bears.

• Vimarhonor

Hello are outdoor cameras within your budget? That could be a solution to keep an eye on your property.

• Gk

Hi Karen! An idea that I have is to buy Blink cameras and install them outside. You can then check on your cell phone to see if there are any critters. You can install more than one camera so you could see the entire periphery of your house and yard. You can also arm this while you are away for a security system that will not only pick up bears but also people! (Mine can be set off by squirrels walking across the driveway!) You can check out the Blink cameras on Amazon.

• Chloe Crabtree

It sounds like you need a remote camera.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Karen, yes a peep hole sounds like what you need with bears around. Hope this helps you. About 5,350,000 results (0.75 seconds)

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

0:00

1:11

Suggested clip · 71 seconds

HouseSmarts DIY "Install a Door Peep Hole" Episode 105 ...

www.youtube.com › watch

I agree with a security camera. You can get a wireless one.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Karen,

I agree with the others that a camera system like Blink would serve you the best. Do a little research of the various systems that don't require a monthly fee. By the time you cut a hole in your wall/door and find a larger peep hole, you could most likely have something that you can look at from anywhere in your home. Wishing you the best.

• Redcatcec

Have you considered mirrors, the large ones you see in garages to look around corners so collisions with other cars can be avoid?

• Lots of people have bears. Are you afraid of them? You have a bunch of excellent suggestions here and I really like Redcatcec's idea of mirrors if you are unable to install cameras right away. Where my friends live, the bears, turkeys and other creatures make a daily appearance. I have been weeding in her garden and they pass right on through. One time I literally came aroud the corner of the house and bumped right into one. We were both startled and was a kodak moment if there ever was one. He / she waddled off and I picked up my seedlings and carried on.

Where exactly do you want to install something? Have you considered adding a window or two?

• Flipturn

Some folks do not have cell phones, and some folks who have cell phones do not have the high end style or iPhones that have the capacity to record security camera footage.

Is there electricity in the garage? Might you be able to install motion sensor lights to shine on the area in the yard where the bears like to wander?

• Karen

I thank you all for your input. lots of things to consider. I appreciate your ideas and your time. thank you again.