Anyone know what this color of paint is ?

Gary HardmanMir GrahamBelynda
+21

I want to paint some cabinets like this one but I don't know what the color is or how I would make them come out the same.

• Mogie

Since paint looks different in different settings go to the paint store and get some swatches and see which one is the closest.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Take your picture to a stand alone paint store. They can mix the color for you.

• Mayra

Olive green

• Cindy

You can take a paint chip to Home Depot or a paint store and they can get the color for you. My husband is a house painter and has done this many times.

• K. Rupp

some apps on your smart phone will scan the color and tell you what color is the closest. I found these apps on google:

Virtual painting and color-matching apps

• ColorSnap by Sherwin-Williams. ColorSnap by Sherwin-Williams offers color matching from your phone's camera or photo library. ...
    • ColorSmart by Behr. ...
    • Color Capture by Benjamin Moore. ...
    • Pick-a-Paint by Valspar. ...
    • Project Color by The Home Depot. ...
    • Color Grab. ...
    • Nix Color Sensor Mini. ...
    • Color Muse.

• Redcatcec

Take a small representative sample of your item-like a drawer-to the diy store or a paint store and they can match it.

• Gk

There are chalk paints that come in colors similar to this. Annie Sloan Duck Egg is one. Rustoleum Chalked also makes a similar color. You can find latex paint colors that are very similar as well. You will have to go and pick up some sample chips/strips to find the one that pleases you the most.

• Mir Graham

I was thinking it was Duck Egg by Annie Sloan or Persian Blue by General Finishes. It looks like there is antiquing wax or stain on the finish.

• Cla49017798

Take a drawer to the paint store. Have it scanned for a match.

• Ada Saucedo

I don't actually own this cabinet, its a downloaded picture.

But thanks for your advice.

• Judy in Canton.

All good ideas above. Keep in mind that if you are working off a picture of the hutch, lighting may have altered the actual color.

• Grace Gleason

So, if you like the color in the picture (it is nice!) take the picture to Lowe's or Home Depot, or somewhere that has a color matching machine. They can color match anything that will fit in the machine. Keep in mind that the paint in that photo is one color that has been dark-waxed or something of that nature.

• Janetjw

I was thinking the same thing about Annie Sloan chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue. Rustoleum chalk paint has a color named Serenity Blue, which is really similar to Duck Egg. I’ve used both of those and they’re both really pretty colors. This cabinet looks like it was distressed or antiqued, so it could very well be one of them. Most of the other brands of chalk paint have similar colors, too. Have fun!

Hi Ada: Take one of the doors off and hie yourself, with the door, down to the home improvement, or neighbourhood paint, store where they can match the colour for you :) Good luck

• Ada Saucedo

Thank you everyone for your very helpful advice and comments. I appreciate it.

• Tracey Taylor Rodgers

Robin's egg...??

• Belynda

Sea foam green?

• Mir Graham

I was thinking it was Duck Egg by Annie Sloan or Persian Blue by General Finishes. Those are popular blue finishes that look like this color. It also looks like there is dark antiquing wax or stain on the finish.

• Gary Hardman

I believe it is Serenity Blue with a clear wax on it. It is Chalked paint by Rustoleum.