Asked on Jun 20, 2020

Color paint for walls

Lindsay AratariJohnavallance82Betsy
+13

• Johnavallance82

Hello Brytany,

Use masonry paint for external walls, and Emulsion paint for internal walls. Cool colour for hot or sunny walls and Warm colours for cold or north facing walls.

• Unique Creations By Anita

Can you supply more info please?

• Homeroad

Hi I always use a white neutral for my walls, that way the color is in the details.

• Redcatcec

Pale gray always works, make a room cool and calm, easy to decorate.

• K. Rupp

What type of room is this for? One of the most beautiful colors we just used in my daughters bedroom is Sherwin Williams Sea salt. It's a light grey blue/green. Check it out.

• Nan W.

Brytany: Neutral is always best! Hope this helps:

https://www.housebeautiful.com/room-decorating/colors/g181/paint-colors-0907/

• Cheryl A

I would go to my paint store or even Home Depot type stores and get paint chips and then decide what you want- it depends on the color of your floors, the decor in the room, etc. once you decide on a color then before committing to it, buy small cans to test it on different areas of the walls to see how it looks in your lighting,etc. hard for us to tell you what colors to use- the grays are still popular as well as geige color which is a gray/beige mix.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Can you share a photo of what you’d like to paint?

• Recreated Designs

Hi Brytany, would you have a picture of the wall you are looking to paint and some pictures of the space. We would be happy to help in any way we can :)

• Kathy Gunter Law

My best advice is to go with neutral tones. I used to paint each room a different color and it limits decorating.

Also, paint your closets white even if you decide to go for a color in the room. I'm going from a red bedroom to light grey (neutral) but I just don't think I have the energy to empty an 8' walk in closet and paint it too. It was enough to do the bedroom and bath.

• Patty

Not sure what the question is, however, I recommend neutrals, also. Every time you change up wall color from one area to the next you "break the eye" forcing you to see the space, not a continuous area. Go to a reputable paint store like Sherwin-Williams and seek advice.

• Janice

Could you be more specfic? Generally, it's usually a good idea to go very light but it totally depends on the feel and use of the room. If you go neutal, you'll be able to use whatever furniture colors and accessories you love. Personally I use white nearly every time I repaint as I get tired of colors quickly and too many diffeent colos in various rooms of a house is not soothing or serene (to me).

• Joy Elizabeth

What space are you painting? :) You can't go wrong with a soft neutral in any room.

Hi Brytany: You should paint the walls a colour that makes you happy. Usually the whites and tans will go with anything, but if you want a jewel tone and it makes you happy, your house, your rules. Do what makes you smile. Good luck

• Johnavallance82

Hello Brytany,

Use Emulsion for indoors and Masonry paint for Outside! Hope that helps

• Lindsay Aratari

I gravitate towards neutral colors