Color dark gray? style European or country arches or not?

LorriLJLucky Home TodayAndre Gouin
+13

I purchased this old building any suggestions on color and style ?

Side entrance

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Is this going to be a business? or Apartments? I think that the building would look good being painted dark or light grey.

• Andre Gouin

2 apartments up stairs and one downstairs with a store in the front all 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms

• Baxter

Light gray (not so light that it looks too white) on building. Medium-charcoal gray on window trim. Definitely arch the doorways and consider adding wider trim with substantial headers over the windows. Gray-wash paint on the brick chimney. And voila...a European country villa look!

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I like the dark gray maybe with white wash brick? So many possibilities!

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I would choose one solid color that suits your aesthetic.

• Nan W.

Andre: Dark grey would be nice --- but so would any other NEUTRAL color!

• Robyn Garner

Personally, I need more info to make a recommendation. Where is the building located? (climate might dictate how dark of a color works)

What is the planned use?

What changes, if any, are you making to the interior? (styles should meld)

How much effort/money will you spend on the landscaping?

• Em

Only asking for a color and type of arches not how to redo the whole house and landscaping. Also there is no reason to make the interior match the exterior.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

I like the white! What color will the roofing material be?

• Deb K

Hi Andre, I love the idea of dark grey, white accents around the windows and doors, do the bricks in a different shad of grey and add in some white ones randomly. I will look clean and sleek

• Em

I would paint the top a lighter shade of what you choose for the bottom half. A two tone light to dark would look beautiful. Country is popular right now but that is plain, not the look of arches. Either two shades of tan or two shade of grey and shutters. They are like putting on a tie with a suit. Makes a statement.

• Robyn Garner

You have what's called a mansard roof. Here are some colors and window trims that go well with that style roof

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS800US800&sxsrf=ALeKk03uAqZOLkBXVMbBN-fH2cS5LlkSSw:1593977480570&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=what+colors+and+designs+go+well+with+a+mansard+roof&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4kons7LbqAhUKKa0KHaHwB1UQsAR6BAgCEAE&biw=1280&bih=913

Arches do not lend themselves well to this character, while flat and angled window trim does. Color schemes seem to be more with the darker color on top and lighter color below but - your roof line is not a large as most pictured. Painting darker gray (matching the roof color) on top with heavier/wider window trim in bright white would be terrific. Lighter gray below, perhaps German smear on the brick? VERY sharp! 😎

Use this color visualizer. You can upload your own photo

https://www.visualizecolor.com/glidden#/

• Andre Gouin

Thank you everyone for the responses I gray is the way to go I was also considering light pink or yellow any thoughts ?

• Lucky Home Today

Since they're apartments, I would skip arches and put in window boxes (to grow flowers) to make it warm and friendly.

• LorriLJ

Hi Andre. I would skip pink and yellow as well as plain white on the exterior walls. They can start to look dirty very quickly.

Greys are a neutral that can be a nice back drop for crisp white or black trim. I would do a colonial trim around the doors and windows to make this home for your many tenants something regal and honey looking at the same time. Lighter grey on what looks to be a plaster (?) and darker on the brick.

If you want to leave the bricks as are I would go with earth tones in the plaster. White trim on the windows. Or a clean look of no trim but with planters (properly attached) and shutters as in Italy. The door would be the statement. Big trim. White. And a sharp contrasting colour for the door. Turquoise, green, red, or this could be your cheery yellow or pink.

Lots of great suggestions from everyone!

cheers.