Blueberry Oatmeal Doughnut Soap Tutorial

$10

This blueberry oatmeal exfoliating soap turned out so cute! It's melt and pour soap, so it's actually a fairly easy soap project to make at home. I scented it with a natural blueberry fragrance oil, and it smells amazing!

This is a cute recipe that only needs a doughnut mold. I cut up blue soap to resemble blueberries, so you don't even need a special mold for those.

Supplies

You will need:

Make the blue bits

Start by melting 2 ounces of soap in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add blue colorant. Pour into a rectangle soap mold or other flat mold. Let sit until hard then cut into small pieces.

Melt the soap

Melt the rest of the soap in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Add the oatmeal and fragrance oil. Stir well. Place a layer of blue soap on the bottom of your mold. Place some flat and stand some up.

Add more blue pieces

Pour the white soap about half way. Add more blue pieces. The finish pouring the white. Spray the top with rubbing alcohol.

Let set up

Let the soap set up completely. Carefully remove from the mold. If it doesn't come out, place the mold in the freezer for 5-10 minutes and try again. You might have to tap the bottom with a wooden spoon. Trim the bottoms if needed so they are level. If you use a silicone mold, they will come out much easier.

I love how cute these turned out! The blue bits are all through it, so you'll see them as you use the soap.

This gently exfoliates, so it's a good bath bar of soap.

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Everything Pretty

• Melin
    Melin

These soaps are adorable and your technique is clearly explained and is inspiring because there are many options ~ use red soap bits, with a peppermint scent and you've got Christmas soaps. Or use black and orange soap bits with a maple scent, and you've got Fall/Halloween ... green soap bits and with vanilla scent, you've got St. Patrick's Day, and so on and so forth. Lots of holidays and lots of variations. This is a FUN project ~ thank you for sharing!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

My screen scrolled too fast and I saw the last picture first.

I thought they were home-made mint lifesavers.

Well, if you ever needed a last minute gift, these delightful soaps could be a lifesaver.