Asked on Aug 2, 2020

How I can eraser a bleach stain ?

Deb KPeggy BurnetteRedcatcec
+4

My sueter of polar has a white dot of bleach , It is light blue color.

thanks for the answer.

• Cynthia H

Hi Ledda. Unfortunately, bleach usually removes the color permanently. You can try to replace the color, but, you probably won't be able to match it. Is it in a spot you could cover with an applique, decorative stitching or fabric painting? Good luck and stay safe!

Hello Ledda: Well, the bad news is you're stuck with it :( The only thing I can suggest is that you get a permanent marker that's the same colour and, if it's a small dot, colour it in. You may have to do it every time you wash it though. Or, if it's in a place where you can embroider a flower or put on a fancy iron on patch, that may be a solution. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

• Unfortunately bleach does that, removes the color. You could try to touch it up with dye but you might be out of luck.

• Kathy Gunter Law

You could try dying it. I've done that with a pair of pants to cover a bleach splatter. Unfortunately, the color has been removed so nothing is going to remove the bleach stain.

• Redcatcec

The bleach did it's job of removing the color, so sorry to say that is how it is, unless you want to try to match the color, which would be difficult. The bleached spots are probably irregular which would make it hard to cover up depending where they are. If it looks possible, maybe sew a concealing ribbon of fabric over the splatter.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Ledda, sorry, I think once you have bleached something it cannot be reversed unless you dye or color it. Is there a way to reverse bleach stains?

How Do You Get Out Bleach Stains? ... Discoloration from accidental bleach exposure typically can't be reversed, but sometimes you can camouflage it by using a felt pen to color in the light spot. This works best using a black permanent marker on black items, especially when the spots are smallish.Mar 22, 2016

How Do You Get Out Bleach Stains? | Clorox®

www.clorox.com › how-to › laundry-basics › bleach-101

• Deb K

Hi Ledda, because it is bleach and not a stain, the only thing you can try to do is color the spot in with a felt that is close to the same color, you will have to repeat it after each wash.However, I did find this video, hope it helps you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yE2TB4_IAM