Asked on Jan 18, 2021

How do you upcycle ugly plastic food storage containers?

Agnes ChrzanowskaJSFlipturn
+12

How do you upcycle old, ugly plastic food storage containers?

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I've used them in the garage for screws and nails when we buy a box of them because the box always falls apart. You can cover with contact paper and use to hold other items around the house. I got rid of all my cheap ones and now have all locknlock which has a lifetime warranty if they do like your picture.

• Janice
    Janice

They make great storage for smaller items. Sepending on the size, uUse them in drawers to divide and conquer like items. Use them when you go camping or boating for waterproof storage of needed items.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

These are great for non-food use after they have been damaged, as Kathy said, screws and nails.

We use the med size ones to scoop out dry catfood from a big bag, feeding 2 feral cats. Another use is for crafting supplies, beauty stuff like the 25 tubes of Chapstick floating around the house, and sewing things....bobbins, some needles, etc.

• Baxter
    Baxter

I use them for mixing paint and storing chalk paint---I tape all around the lid edges if storing for a long period of time and since they are airtight, the paint lasts for months. Also great for corralling old furniture/cabinet hardware. My daughter uses them for small toys like those little Lego sets and doll accessories or tiny cars.

• Sdc
    Sdc

Depending on the plastic, use a hot glue gun to make some holes in bottom. If not white, black or good solid color, spray paint. Decorate (I do the nail polish thing or leftovers from sewing projects. A layer of peppers, potting soil and seed or a small cutting.....voila, a beautiful potted plant.

• Dee
    Dee

I use them for storing leftover paint for touch ups. Also for crayons, small brushes, makeup, and bathroom items. Keeping OTC meds together etc.

• Mogie
    Mogie

How To Repurpose Plastic Containers Using This Quick And Easy Trick

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/removing-print-from-plastic-containers/

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Donate them to a kindergarten or elementary school. Teachers will put them to good use for art supplies such as pastels, plasticine, and small glue-on items.

More often than not, there is just no budget for these kinds of resources, and teachers have to pay for these materials out of their own pockets.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

When summer rolls around again, take them to the nearest lake or ocean beach, or even a splash pad.

Kids (of all ages!) will make good use of them building sand sculptures.

• JS
    JS

I'am made $84, 8254 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I'AM made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I do,.for more information simply open this link ....☛www.dollars9.com

• Flipturn
      Flipturn

The Hometalk staff are good about clearing the site from these types of Spam adverts. If you do happen to come across one though, Click on the little grey flag in the upper right hand corner of the comment, then click Report as Spam.

The message will go directly to one of the Hometalk staff members.

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

Here are some ideas https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=upcycle%20plastic%20food%20storage%20containers%3F&rs=typed&term_meta[]=upcycle%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=plastic%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=food%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=storage%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=containers%3F%7Ctyped

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

I would cover with twine and turn into nice flower pot