Can I use my dry china paint pigments in an acrylic paint pour?

+5

I have a lot of my China paint pigment from when I painted Porcelain dolls. I am now doing acrylic paint pours and curious if my China paint pigments would work like the color art pigments?

• Em Em on Mar 15, 2021

Can't think of any reason why not. Do a tiny amount on a scrap of wood to see what you think.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Mar 15, 2021

I agree, I think that would work great but always try a small test strip first!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 15, 2021

Hello. Are they water-based or enamel-based?

They should work. You might want to try in a smaller project like a coaster to see if you like the effect. I have done both acrylic paints and sampled trying airbrush gold paint in my project.

• Dee Dee on Mar 15, 2021

Make sure you use like paints with each other example water with water, oil with oil. Then they will work.

• You might want to peek at this thread. It seems to say that the dry pigments won't dissolve properly in the paint because they're made up of tiny mineral particles that need heat. Of course, I'm not at all familiar with the process, but maybe this will help: https://makingamark.blogspot.com/2011/08/pigment-conundrum-for-you.html

• Maura White Maura White on Mar 17, 2021

I vote on making a small piece like a paperweight and see how it turns out!

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Mar 20, 2021

It's definitely worth experimenting, Debbie. You may just start a whole new trend

• Janice Janice on Mar 20, 2021

I agree, best to test using a small amount of paint and pigment to see if they mix......maybe a new invention with yet another creative look?