Wine rack repurpose. What to do? Need some kick start ideas

Meghan CaffeyDebbieStephanie Blanton
+17

I have this well made wine rack I came across next to dumpster. I had to take it home because I know there's potential for it to be something awesome. I just need a little help with some ideas. anyone?
  • Niki Hart

If I had it I would paint it off white and hang it in the bathroom, then roll-fold towels and use it for towel storage.

• Witty Tzipporah

Without much change it could be a great 3-d photo frame. Paint it a dramatic color, put pictures different depths back, and hang.

• Robin Monterastelli

I have two ideas...1. if you can drive to Glendora , go to Knott to Shabby....Michael will mk it look unreal , you pick the color....if you can Shabby Chic your self get milk paint and do it your self...then you can use in bathroom and roll up towels for guest or ? the best towels are walmarts cheaper ones..they are not as thick....I like red....I would also shabby chic it destressed red and use it as a wine holder, even if u don't drink...it looks big.....put it by a front door for looks....put pillows on top and shoes bottom or ? I love it... last sell it to me..??lol

• Jeanette S

this would be great to use in a bedroom closet to hold purses!

• AvonelleRed

You could lay it flat, put a piece of plywood on the new "bottom", add some legs to it, then a glass piece on the new "top", and have a nice coffee table with storage inside.

• BSWW

Great ideas above - can't wait to see what you do with it!

• Marion Nesbitt

I use mine for mags.

• Carole

Make a bee hotel. Google or see this site for some examples.

• I think its still a very nice wine rack! Just needs a clean up and new coat of dark stain varnish - plus a load of wine bottles stacked up in it ;-)

• Cyn R

Thank you so much!! These are all great ideas. keep 'em coming please! I would LOVE to have a need for such an awesome wine rack. I would totally sand it and refinish it but much to my dismay, wine doesn't always agree with me, which is why I need to repurpose it. It's SO sturdy!! The bathroom towel holder sound great and the bee hotel has interest picqued!

• Debra

You could clean it up, paint it, and use it in a walkin closet for rolled t-shirts and the like.

• Robin Monterastelli

i like the coffee table idea...take it a step further...shadow box it..do her idea but before putting glass put in memories keepsakes...is there a grand prize winner... LOL kidding oh yeah...shabby chic it...post pictures when u complete...

• Anna @Annabode

What about some kind of vertical garden? If you turned it on its side (so that it's a diamond with a cross) and hung it near a patio, you could put small potted plants inside.

• C

Do you have a craft room? Would be great to hold paints, jars of buttons, squares of fabric, ect

• Deborah

Yarn storage!

• Tonya Thompson Glass

Rolled towels in a bathroom

• Organized 31

Shoe storage.

• Stephanie Blanton

Magazine rack

• Debbie

hang in office and use for books.

• Meghan Caffey

Well....what did you do!?