Asked on Apr 29, 2015

Cat problem!

Judy MitchellDonna HagenPanhandlelil1
+5

Cats are using my composite decking as a litterbox. Are these my barn cats or these cats on transit in my rural area? Who knows? But I need a homemade repellent, please!
  • Mandy
    Mandy

Try putting citrus peels (orange peels are common) in and around the area. I have heard that people do this in their gardens to keep cats and rodents out. You may also be able to research how to make some kind of citrus spray for the area? Best of luck!

• Mikell Paulson
    Mikell Paulson

Ground black pepper and course ground red hot pepper! It sticks to their feet and cats always like to lick their feet! It does not taste well , also they sniff before they potty and the pepper gets in their nose! Worked for me with cats and raccoons!

• Judy Mitchell
    Judy Mitchell

Mikell, thank you. I know I wouldn't like the pepper combo.

• Panhandlelil1
    Panhandlelil1

When I had this problem, I scattered a few moth balls on it and they left. Animal hate the smell of moth balls, but they will not eat them.

• Donna Hagen
    Donna Hagen

body spray that you do not like the smellier the better. I did not balls under my deck when it got hot out we could not stand to be out there from the smell. We also use body spray when the barn swallows come in trying to make next by the door, Worst case buy a live trap and get them send them to the humane society for spade and relocation Good luck

• Judy Mitchell
    Judy Mitchell

Thank you all so much. Tried the pepper this morning. Will see how that works. A have a boat load of B and B body spray, will try that ne t.

• Judy Mitchell
    Judy Mitchell

Well, I am on to the body spray! They absolutely loved the pepper! Left me several piles of greetings this morning instead of one! Sorry, Mikell, but I guess Indiana cats like hot and spicey.