I'd like to remodel my tv room.

+4
Ceiling and half of the wall are wood and big windows. The room is long and dark But has one big window and one medium. Please help me remodel the room where we have Christmas with our grandchildren and it will be our room when we retired to watch tv or do what ever there.

• Laura Laura on Oct 25, 2017
    Put white beams on ceiling over wood Running the direction to the short side. Makes it seem wider and lightens up ceiling. In corners both ends put lights that throw the light up toward ceiling. I assume you mean you have wood wainscoting on walls? If it’s good wood, like oak, you can put strips of decorative trim in box pattern over the wood in antique white to mimic ceiling. If it’s pine, paint it a light warm color you enjoy. Sage, etc that will look good with Christmas decorations but can also work for thanksgiving.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 25, 2017
    Remolding or rearrange it? I would clean the wood with Murphy's oil soap, follow the directions on the bottle. It will give a nice shine. Let the light in, wherever you can. See if you could rearrange the furniture. The other part of the wall, I would paint a light color. Try sand, beige, light yellow, if it goes with your furniture. Use your know-how and play with the room. You can get samples of paint colors, from your Homedepot or Lowe's paint department. Maybe new carpeting, I would get indoor-outdoor, since this will be a room you use often.

• Pmo29228486 Pmo29228486 on Oct 25, 2017
    I need ideas on color paint for the other half of the wall is sheet rock.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 25, 2017
    Ebbjdl has a good point first off-: Do you want to re-model, which involves removal of existing surfaces, construction and installation of the new, or rearrange, which is just moving around and replacing (no construction) what you have now.

• Pmo29228486 Pmo29228486 on Oct 26, 2017
    We are replacing the sheet rock , new windows new furniture and new floor.

Thank you, does are nice calm colors.