I want to create a functional play/craft room for my grand children.

+3
They have dolls a Doll house, lots of Legos, books puzzles, board games, stuffed animals and many other toys. They are also very creative and love arts and crafts, I have no clue on how to put this all together, any ideas?
  • FL FL on Jun 19, 2017
    Start with a table. It can be used for playing with the dollhouse, board games, Legos, puzzles, reading, crafts, coloring, etc. Bins, baskets, drawers, shelves or crates for keeping things neat. That should keep them good and busy!

• Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Jun 19, 2017
    Pinterest has so many neat ideas that you could combine into one cool room, from using door shoe hangers to hold craft supplies, to using gutters as book shelves on the walls, etc:

• Janice Janice on Jun 19, 2017
    How about organizing in dollar store baskets or bins. Label each basket or bin. And store on shelving. You could have a few rows of shelves to slide the baskets or bins onto. Or you could get a few storage crates with lids, label each with contents and stack on top of each other. Good luck JHaymon

• Rebecca Peterson Rebecca Peterson on Jun 19, 2017
    Check Pinterest for "children's play rooms." Then hit up IKEA, Home Goods, and Target. I had an easel for my boys, a reversable table (one side had Lego base, other used for trains, cars, doll house, whatever.) I love designing and IKEA is one of my favorite places.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Jun 19, 2017
    Definitely put a table in the room for crafts, etc. Set up some low shelving for baskets or bins and fill them with Legos, craft supplies, art supplies, etc. Stretch a long cord across one wall with clips on it to hang artwork after they have completed it. consider hanging a chalkboard somewhere in the room for drawing, etc. Have fun...make it bright and cheerful!

• Nena Hodges Nena Hodges on Jun 19, 2017
    Line the walls with shelves in which you can place bright colored bins, tubs or baskets. If the room is small place a table in the center. If it is a large room place more than one table so there are different areas for different types of games and crafts. Don't forget a pretty throw rug or two.