How do I organize my bathroom closet?

+5

I have unmanageable bathroom closets. The overhead is so high up, I need a step stool to reach things. The lower one is deep like reaching into a cave. They are both nice and deep but the backs are wasted space. Help!

q bathroom closet advice

This is below the door level. I would like to install a pull out basket.

q bathroom closet advice
  • Oliva Oliva on Jan 28, 2019

You would benefit from some wire shelf racks to give you two levels on which to place items. Place duplicates and lesser used items in the rear, by height, so everything is visible.

Place shorter bottles on the lower level.

Some of your duplicates and hair spray, etc. could be placed in a hallway linen closet, if you have space.

On your lower level cabinet, purchase a sliding shelf for at least half the cabinet width, that clears the piping. You should then have room for additional bath tissue, stacked vertically, and some cleaning supplies.

• Muriel Muriel on Jan 29, 2019

If the closet is to deep look for a storage 'box' as in shallow plastic and then you can pull it out to get things from the back. Don't put a lot of weight in the container. I use this in the kitchen and bathroom storage. They slide well on the shelves you put in.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 28, 2019

Perhaps for the one with the bottles, you could get the stackable shelving you can get for under the kitchen or bathroom sink. Most are stackable and you can put the extra things back their until needed Put less used things in the back on the shelves and you will be able to organize the front better in some type of handled basket you can take out when you shower or bath and put everything you need in one basket. Use another basket for things used for other things and so on. For the towel cupboard, I would roll them all up and use handled baskets to bring them up to use them. I would separate them into sets so that you have all that you would need in the basket. You can separate thing like beach towels in their own basket, perhaps have one for extra cleaning rags, sponges, etc. in the back for when you need to replace the ones that you are using.

• Dianawalls50 Dianawalls50 on Jan 29, 2019

You can put a single or double lazy susan in the cabinet that you want to store bottles.

I use them in my refrigerator for condiments. I'll show a picture.

For towels I will show you a picture in my common bath how I roll the towels and stack them so you can pull them out easily and they take a deeper space and you can get quite a lot in.

• Lah Lah on Jan 29, 2019

Baskets also work and some types ca be stacked.

• Mary Mary on Jan 29, 2019

I had the same issue so I used small-ish Amazon shipping boxes or you could use any shall boxes you might have. Even boxes from cereal or other box packaged foods can be used. I covered them in various papers I had and then filled them with my bottles, tubes, etc. One for skin care, one for hair care, etc. It's a cheap and easy way to get organized. I used stack-able shelves from Home Depot. Cheap and easy!

• Em Em on Jan 29, 2019

For things not currently in use like extra tubes of toothpaste, extra hand creams etc

I purchased the clear plastic shoe boxes with lids and labeled them..shaving, hand cream, first aid etc and stacked them. My towels are folded in half then in thirds and stacked in the back of the closet with things I use daily like a coffee mug with q tips a ceramic cup with make (1 blush tube, 3 colors eyeliner, 1 concealer stick, tweezers, mascara, that I carry to the mirror, easy to move in front. My eye shadows are in small stackable containers I bought at IKEA in a 6 pack and are sorted by color, greys, browns, mauve and one for lipsticks, one for extra mascsara ( I buy on sale ) and stack them on the side of the closet. Easy to reach. the rest are in stackable boxes on the top shelf that I need a step stool to get. things like extra peroxide, alchohol, extra shampoo bottle etc and can be stacked in boxes as well or just lined up since you won't be using them for weeks. You can put different colored cloth bins on top shelf the same way, one for hair products, one for first aid extras etc.

• Dianne King Dianne King on Jan 30, 2019

I think you win the award. I’d love to see a picture of your organization.