Hi, I really need advice in changing my en suite bathroom. Thx

+14
I stay in a townhouse, with one en suite bathroom and one for guests. I do not bath, only shower, and I am pretty much 92% of the year alone. So I had the bath removed from my bathroom, which makes the bathroom like in quite large. I have already started with changes, but need advise with the floor and wall where the bath was. My tiles are all whiteish with a light grey pattern.
I need further advise from an expert. Many thanks, Hettie
q hi i really need advice in changing my en suite bathroom thx
Before
After
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 18, 2017
    Where are you located? Are you in North America?

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 18, 2017
    That looks to me like prime space to put in some nice cabinets to be used as storage. I would also consider stenciling the floor tiles. https://www.hometalk.com/diy/floors-ceilings/how-to-stencil-a-tile-pattern-on-a-bathroom-floor-22302294

• Snapoutofit Snapoutofit on Dec 18, 2017
    You can do a black and white bathroom. Since you already have the walls tiled in white, why not pick a pattern black and white tile? Do you want alot of detail, or a sleek minimal feel, or a classic look? there are are so many patterns to choose from. Then add a detailed window valance in a solid black color and hide the toilet brush.

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 18, 2017
    You don’t say whether you are putting in a shower or not? But I think the site/project the Shoshana sent, is absolutely gorgeous! Great idea going with black & white theme.

• SandyG SandyG on Dec 18, 2017
    Have you checked to see if that particular tile is still available? That is where I would start.

• Stay with the gray / white or introduce black to the color palette. How about storage? You could find a second hand piece and paint it?

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 18, 2017
    Nice place for some extra storage. A wooden bench to sit on with towel storage underneath it would be nice.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 18, 2017
    If you decide on storage, then definitely put in drawers instead of "standard" depth lower cabinets. The latter are physically awkward to retrieve anything farther back than a hands length, and are a constant source of frustration on how to organize small bathroom toiletries. Drawers are so much more space efficient and accessible. Deeper drawers are also very suitable for thicker items such as towels.

• Margaret Margaret on Dec 19, 2017
    If you intend to put in a nice shower where the tub was, the toilet would need to be moved in order to build out the shower enclosure. I think there will be a time when you will appreciate a nice en suite shower with a hand held attachment. From your picture, the wall opposite where the tub was is not shown. Code requires a certain distance on either side of the toilet seat. Otherwise match the floor and wall tile already there and put in a piece of furniture with drawers.

• Het27865230 Het27865230 on Dec 21, 2017
    No, Gauteng, South Africa. I was thinking of using chalk paint