How do I remove tile from my bathroom walls and countertop?

+4
I am trying to redo my bathroom. It is an old house that still has the small 5" square tiles on the walls and countertop and in the shower stall. ICK!! PEACH COLORED. Also..same tile on the floor!
q how do i remove tile from my bathroom walls and countertop
  • Julie King Julie King on Jul 17, 2017
    If you chisel out one of the squares you should be able to get under the edge of the adjacent tiles with a flat edge scraper and start pushing them off. If this doesn't work them you have to break them up with a hammer.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jul 17, 2017
    Since you have an old house, it looks like the best thing to do would be to gut the bathroom. You'll be able to check everything behind the walls, ceiling and floor (electric, plumbing, drywall, cement board, heat and air ducts, exhaust fan and insulation). Then you can repair or replace anything with water rot or mold. I noticed there were lose tiles, so it's possible some repairs may be necessary.

• Buhatala Buhatala on Jul 18, 2017
    its great video hope so you get your answer but if you are looking to decorate your kitchen visit here : https://www.buhatala.com/

• Cynthia Odell Bull Cynthia Odell Bull on Jul 18, 2017
    Oscillating tool with a scraper blade or other attachment under or behind the tiles after breaking one with a chisel to start.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jul 18, 2017
    Start chipping away. I removed a tiled counter top and back splash with a putty knife and a crow bar. It took a while and also took some of the sheetrock off. I learned my lesson, no tile in my house, never again.

• Darla Darla on Jul 19, 2017
    If the tiles are solid you can put new tile right on top of it. Or get some of that bathroom epoxy paint and paint them.