How to make my small bathroom look bigger and pretty but manly?

+7
Slowly re-doing my bathroom and linen closet to look like Martha Stewart just wiggled her nose and it was done. As well as for small bathroom without a window look bigger.

Thank You
q how to make my small bathroom look bigger and pretty but manly
  • Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jan 03, 2018
    I didn't check out site but I would think a lighter colored paint as well as not having towels exposed and just keeping everything minimal would look more manly. No frills no bling. Just everything in order in vanity. A dark vanity will also look more grounded more manly then a painted color one except for grey. You can use a grey color because it's a very neutral color but tends to appeal to men as opposed to a warm beige. I would just use deeper shades of grey for rugs and towels. But in the end you must know this man's taste better than us so look at his clothes. How he dresses reveals a lot. If he tends to be trendy and checks every detail then go like I suggested, if he looks like he is ready to play a sport then he probably doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to do it because if he doesn't care about his clothes then why a bathroom? P,us his clothes will tell you what colors he is drawn to as well which can help you choose color for bathroom.

• Randal Randal on Jan 03, 2018
    LOL Well first off pretty and manly doesn't go well in the same sentence. lol, Having said that, mirrors will make it appear larger, than actual size, and they are neither characteristic, ( at least as far as I am concerned. Hope this helps a bit.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 03, 2018
    1. When a large majority of males are asked what colors they like blue is right at the top. Use a blue that is in the cool family (Sherwin-Williams Windy Blue as an example). Paint stripes on the wall. If the paint on the wall is a semi-gloss, use either a flat or gloss stripe. It adds interest.
    2. Use basket slide outs in the linen closet. Makes it easier to find things. You can make your own. I did. Purchase drawer rollers. Cut melamine boards and put on walls to clear the door frame. Cut additional boards for the roll-outs. Attach rollers to boards. Secure baskets to the boards for accessories. Easy to find things. Take out bottom self and use roll out basket for laundry.
    3. Make the door for the linen closet a hidden door and attach clothes hooks to it.
    4. On wall opposite medicine cabinet use large framed mirror. Use "stone" spray paint on the frame. Upscale but adds a bit of rugged, earthy look to the room.
    5. Install a half shower for an upscale look.
  • Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jan 03, 2018
    Wowee. That's a really white bathroom, isn't it?

Here's a bunch of great ideas for inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/masculine-bathroom/?lp=true

• Emily Emily on Jan 03, 2018
    Don't have little bottles of things placed randomly. You can have little things but they should look planned or organized.

• Margaret Margaret on Jan 03, 2018
    What color the wall, keep that color scheme either lighter or darker or mix. i.e.= linens, shower curtain. Vertical or horizontal stripe lines. If you want wider apearancy space us horizontal lines, taller space use vertical lines. If you are purchasing a mirror use the same theory . DO NOT use plaid, checks or floral. Very small dowel can be cut to size of linen closet door. If walls or light color, paint the dowels a shade darker in color. then, with liquid nails glue them to the linen closet door w/the theory of V or H. If you want a window in the room, get a used (second hand) small window. Glue a curtain behind it and hang it on the wall. Maybe a small shelf under- neath.

• Swinnen Lisette Swinnen Lisette on Jan 04, 2018
    Most of the time, I agree what has been said above. The more you see of the walls, the bigger it looks : get rid of all the doors and use baskets and other boxes to store your things. Also, the more floor you see : the bigger it looks : if you can, financially, (I don't know how large the bathtub is) : install a shower. It is easier to shower in a shower than in a bathtub where you only have a small flat space to stand. Maybe you can go for a nice shower-unit with massage points.
    Beige for a man is ok, I think, if you add some really dark accessories..You'll have the man in question. I like you vanity !

• Joanie Joanie on Jan 05, 2018
    A man's bathroom should be with his OWN taste. Do what you like......meaning simple and not girly. Maybe striped towels and carpets to match....Nothing frilly or pinkish. Black, browns, and soap dish to match. Easy and inexpensive. A man doesn't really care.......a razor, a shower and towel. Maybe a blow dryer. Paint, to match the towel's if it matters.