Tiny bathroom decorating ideas

+3
  • Judy Cathcart Calvert Judy Cathcart Calvert on Dec 07, 2017
    any ideas for making a tiny bath room look larger

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 07, 2017
    light painted walls,mirrors,bright lighting,bright colored accessories

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Dec 07, 2017
    Hi Judy,

Use a semigloss paint color that isn't too dark. Stay somewhat monochromatic (all light blue or varying shade of greens, etc.) with your colors of towels, window treatment, shower curtain.

Invest in good lighting and a medicine cabinet/mirror or two to give dimension to the room.

A shower curtain opens the space more than glass shower doors; there are lovely airy prints that give a room an open feel- something with a loose watercolor effect looks more expansive than a small overly colored print.

Glass shelves with towels rods add a visual openness, especially when they are of a reflective material like polished nickel or chrome. Make sure all of your fixtures are the same finish.

To make the room interesting add some nice artwork with the theme of your choice and stick to it.

Some me of the nicest bathrooms are small and some rules are meant to be broken! Have fun.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 07, 2017
    Recess the bath medicine cabinet into the wall that will buy you a few inches. Hang a shelve towards the top of the wall to store things that aren't used a lot. Over the toilet units are great too.

• Peg Peg on Dec 07, 2017
    Can you post a picture?

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 07, 2017
    I had the tiniest master bath in a townhouse and I painted it a cocoa color with a creamy ceiling. I hated my recessed med cabinet never changed it but always wanted just a mirror since you can't keep actual med in it due to temp change and humidity. I had glass shelves that I arranged with some pretty baskets to hold my make up and brushes and I just left other items and extra toilet paper and paper towels in vanity aND hair dryer was in a door holder thinges that they still sell jus now its better quality . We had one towel rod and replaced it with one that had 2bars. Extra towels were kept in our closets. Talk about yhe good old days makes me love our new home so much more. But we lived their for 2q yrs so it can be done and it can be both functional and pretty. Look on this site for redo's on 1/2 bathes and really the only difference is the tub or shower unit. So you can in vision it but you have to put your own twist. Shop around, oh also we used a shower caddy that held all the bathing items.