What is the best way to optimize a 8'x10' shed? I need all the space.

+2
I have 4 bicycles and lots of plastic containers that can be stacked. Also a mix of lawn chairs and christmas decorations.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 24, 2017
    Try hanging the bikes and that will leave you the floor space for the containers, etc.

• Eileen B. Eileen B. on Dec 24, 2017
    Can you put up hangers to hang the bicycles and lawn chairs on.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 24, 2017
    If yours is like mine, the roof is not very tall. Metal shelving or plastic shelving that you put together works real well if you can get the right height. I used the plastic ones that you can use shorter and use them at half the size. I have one wall with these shelves and you can fit a lot on and under them. We are a avid pet family and are constantly putting up and taking down different aquariums. We keep the extra ones against the back wall, stacked safely, and the top ones get filled with lightweight things. I have the third row seats from our Tahoe in there, two foldup chaise lounges, a couple of folding chairs, a tiller, a pressure washer, extra leftover soil bags, empty paint cans, boxes of spare parts and tools, and that doesn't include what is on the shelves! We also have a 10x10 unit that is a little taller and it has even more in it than the 8x10 because we could stack bins so much higher and it takes full size metal shelves so that things like pots can be put up without putting them in bins. It is amazing what all you can put in a shed if you try. You could try hanging your bikes off the rafters or the walls in the garage to save space in the shed.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 25, 2017
      You can also use pegboards as a great trick to organize smaller items on the wall