Bed Risers & Headboard

+6
I put risers under my bed. Now the headboard is too short and doesn't look good at all. What can I do? Thank you.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jul 01, 2017
    Attach the headboard to your bedframe or the wall to give it the height needed.

• LynneBR LynneBR on Jul 01, 2017
    Put the headboard on risers also... that's what we did.

• Seethebeauty Seethebeauty on Jul 01, 2017
    I sold my bed frame and completely got rid of it. Then my wall was free to be creative. Shiplap seems to be the go-to project (thanks Joanna Gaines!) but it is really cool when you stain pallet boards different colors and you can add floating shelves etc... Just a thought.

• Skl25278798 Skl25278798 on Jul 01, 2017
    Sounds like your headboard isn't attached to your bed frame/platform. If you can attach it, then it moves up/down with your bed.

• Tristany Lafleur Tristany Lafleur on Oct 03, 2019

I have kind of the same problem/question. I just made a pallet bed with 26” legs and a trundle frame underneath. I used 2 pallets and attached them with 2x6’s on the outside and a few pieces of wood going across under the 2 pallets where they meet. It made the bed VERY BIG! I’m afraid that even with the wood supports as well as additional straight metal joint reinforcements, it isn’t supported enough.

So, how does this have anything to do with your question? Well, I have a beautiful sleigh headboard that I remade and I was wondering if I added 2x4’s to the back of my headboard, allowing the 2x4’s to both raise the headboard and then bolt into the bed, acting as additional legs for support??