Bedroom and living room makeover

+2
Wondering where is best to start if one wants to do a make over of the main bedroom and living room on a budget that would be a 3 month to 6 month project? Curtains and then everything follows after that?
  • B J  Alexis B J Alexis on Jun 13, 2016
    Pick a favorite curtain, pillow, even a lamp or vase and use those colors as the base for the wall color: contrast, coordinate or even match, its easier and sometimes cheaper to re-paint a wall then to re-purchase drapes or accents.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 13, 2016
    I would choose the paint color first and then your accessories.Do you have any colors in mine?

• Jan Wilson Jan Wilson on Jun 13, 2016
    Do you open floor plan so that you see the bedroom from the living room?If so cordinate the colors for both rooms.

• LaurieAnn Ray LaurieAnn Ray on Jun 13, 2016
    I have been doing set designs for nearly 15 years and as you can imagine it would be very expensive to use brand new drapes every time. I discovered that flat bed sheets and tablecloths are awesome resources. Not only as curtains but also for covering furniture and even as costume fabric.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Jan 20, 2022

Start with choosing a paint color and then go from there.