I'd like to update this light fixture in a bedroom.

I don't mind the shape or color of the fixture but the fluted glass covers are not my style and one is broken. any ideas?
q i d like to update this light fixture in a bedroom
  6 answers
  • Trudy Trudy on Dec 30, 2017
    Go to Lowes or Home Depot, they have lots of glass globes. All you have to do is loosen the 3 screws around the base to remove the old ones. Habitat for Humanity has them too, way cheaper.

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 30, 2017
    Change out the globes

  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
    I have seen in thrift stores the globes for this type of lamp. Or small lampshades. Also paint the fixture flat black to update the look too. Also maybe the new Edison bulbs with no shade at all!

  • Suz22387221 Suz22387221 on Dec 30, 2017
    The thrift stores are a good source for new glass shades. I have purchased white ones and used watered down acrylic craft paint to give it a golden glow like a mica lampshade look. Cheap and updated. You can usually buy them for $1-3 each.

  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 30, 2017
    Try thrift shops. Also hardware stores and Lowes carry ones that may fit as replacements into the fixture. I replaced the one in my bathroom this way, when I broke one.

  • 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Jan 01, 2018
    You can use the clip on shades & paint them with craft paint what ever color you want. Good luck.