How to build a space eraser.


I have a 3" space on each side of my stove. Space is 36" stove is 30". I want to build something to close the gape between the stove and cabinet/countertop.

  12 answers
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jun 11, 2020

    Hi Gloria, I wonder if you could move your stove over so you have a 6" gap on one side? In that place you may be able to build or buy and modify a little rolling pantry that could house spices etc. On the top of that pantry you could build a 6" wide piece of wood or butcher block or counter top etc. so when the pantry is away it would provide a cover to your gap.

  • Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Jun 11, 2020

    Hi Gloria, Here is a great tip for something easy...

  • Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Jun 11, 2020

    They also make pre-made gap fillers designed to match your appliances and cabinets that can be found at home improvement stores. I am not sure if they have wood ones or it they are made of counter material.

  • Em Em on Jun 11, 2020

    Look on Amazon for Capparis Kitchen Silicone stove/counter Gap cover. Heat resistant fills gap between stove or washer and dryer .

    Or Linda's stove gap cover also on Amazon. You get a two pack.

  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 11, 2020

    If you can move it over 6" then you could create a storage space for just about anything you could use it for...cookbooks, spices, lids for pans...

  • Mogie Mogie on Jun 11, 2020

    Em is right go to amazon and type what you are looking for in their search bar. You should get lots of results.

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jun 11, 2020

    Making a cabinet base filler is easy compared to a countertop filler.

    Yes, make or buy a 5.5” pull out filler.

  • Linda Linda on Jun 12, 2020

    3" is pretty small. Have you thought about adding a strip of wood there and painting or staining it to match?

  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jun 12, 2020

    You realy need the air around the stove open if you close up you need to use something heat roof and fire proof.

  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jun 12, 2020

    Oh I thought you meant a wood stove use wood fasten it to cabinet then paint it the same color you could also move to one side and get a cite cart to go in there they have them for that .

  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Jun 13, 2020

    You can buy a standard 36" stove since that is what cabinet installer expect when they put in cabinet. The stove could be slid right or left to give you 6" on one side. A couple of shelves could be inserted into the gap and it would be a great place to store cook sheets, muffin pans, spices, etc.