How do I clean a glass top burners? 1 burner looks terrible.

+3
  • Betsy Betsy on Dec 06, 2021

Hi Carol: As long as the dirt is superficial, there is no problem cleaning a glass top stove, but as soon as there are splashes of grease, sugar, tomato, sauce, it's more difficult to clean. This homemade recipe will help you clean your glass top, it will be like new.

You will need: baking soda, dish washing liquid and vinegar and also a bath towel as big as the glass top. Start by pouring the vinegar into a spray bottle and sprinkle the entire surface of the top and then sprinkle baking soda on that.

In the sink or bucket, pour hot water and dish soap. Wear gloves and immerse the towel in very hot water. Twist it, but not completely dry, and spread it on the ceramic top. Wait 15-20 minutes before removing the towel.

With a soft brush, rub the surface and then wipe it clean. Normally, all the dirt is already gone with this method. If your glass top is really dirty, you may have to start again.

Finally, spray white vinegar on the glass top and wipe it with a microfiber cloth. The top will be, should be, completely clean!

Good luck

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Dec 08, 2021

I use Weiman gas top cleaner and it works great.

• My favorite cleaner to use on the glass cooktop is Cerama Bryte. It is easy to use and can be found in a kit with a scraper, abrasive pad and a microfiber cloth. Hope this helps!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 12, 2021

Hello I purchased the manufacturer cleaning and care kit but you can buy your own componets separately.

Currently I use the - Weiman creme with blue scotch rite pad, retractable razor paper towel options depending on the clean up job.

1- Weiman cream and paper towels for lightest soil.

2- Weiman cream and blue scotchrite pad for moderate soiling. Clean up polish with paper towel.

3- Retractable razor scraping, Weiman cream and blue scotchrite pad for heaviest build up followed by paper towel buffing.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 17, 2021

One of the best items to use is a razor blade but you need to be very careful not to scratch the glass top (which I did).