What is the best way to clean a refrigerator freezer?

+4
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/cleaning/appliances/refrigerators

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 05, 2018
    same way as a big freezer..see post above re:turning the freezer off. the answere is yes btw.

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 05, 2018
    Take everything out, put into an icechest or insulated box, turn the freezer off, i like to use a hairdryer on low, and my wet/dry shop vac to pick up pieces of ice, and water. Wipe with a dry towel to remove all moisture, turn freezer back on, replace food

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 05, 2018
    Bi-carbinate of soda in warm water.

• Barbara Barbara on Jan 05, 2018
    Agree with land shark

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 05, 2018
    I just cleaned mine.... take out everything... including the bins and shelves... use a towel soaked in hot soapy water and lay over the stuck on stuff... i used a green scrubby.... wash down, paper towels to remove excess water... rinse with white vinegar and water and dry off surfaces.... shelves and bins can be washed in sink or bath tub... and dried well before putting back in the freezer... it took me... maybe 20 minutes. BTW... my freezer is frost free.

• Suzanne Suzanne on Jan 06, 2018
    landshark has it right. I will only add one important thing!!
    NEVER, NEVER , NEVER , use a sharp object to break up ice to hurry up the process !!! You will poke a hole in the thin wall of the freezer and need to buy a new fridge !! One of my daughters did it years ago!!