How do I clean nicotine stain on plastic?

+5

I have recently bought a house from a heavy smoker. She obviously lay in the bath while smoking and now the tub surround, which is plastic, has this awful stain on it. I have tried bleach, vinegar and baking soda. Nothing seems to work.

• William William on Feb 05, 2019

Nicotine tends to be oily. You need a degreasing cleaner. Try Easy Off No Fume oven cleaner in the BLUE can. Works on enamel, porcelain, and fiberglass.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Feb 05, 2019

I cleaned nicotine from a ceiling once using Dawn dish detergent. Something that might also help is Goo Gone.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Feb 06, 2019

You need to fill the tub up over the stain with water add like a half a bottle of bleach let it sit a couple of hours. Are you shure it’s not soap scum

• Lenora Lenora on Feb 07, 2019

No it is not soap scum. This is on the walls. Plastic tub surround.

• Sheila Ryan Sheila Ryan on Feb 06, 2019

Just cleaned an entire garage where a smoker smoked for 13 yrs. Walls got repainted, but doors & cabinets I cleaned with Lysol bathroom spray cleaner. The type in the spray can. Spray until it is completely covered & dripping. Then wearing gloves & using hot soapy water in a bucket, start rinsing until clean. Replace water as needed & repeat Lysol where needed. Worked like a charm.