How can I clean the bottom of the bathtub?

+2

When our house was being built, and after the tubs were installed, someone pulled the paper off the inside bottom of the tub. It left the glue that held the paper down and dust and saw dust fell on it and before we moved in and cleaned it, it had already settled down on it. It has a stain the exact size of the paper which is pretty much the entire bottom of the tub. We have used everything we can think of to clean it, but it will not come clean. It always looks dirty like someone took a bath and didn"t clean it when the water ran out. Does anyone know how I can get it clean?

• Nan W. Nan W. on Nov 01, 2019

Betty: maybe Goo Gone will get it out.

• I'd call the builder. It was their mistake and they should make it right!

• Linda Linda on Nov 01, 2019

I would try some GooGone to see if there is any glue residue on it. If that doesn't work try a bathroom magic erase.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Nov 02, 2019

You did not say what the porcelain was made of so I am going to suggest this anyway. I have not had to try this but Cream of Tartar can clean delicate porcelain. Sprinkle some on a damp cloth and run it into the stain. Do not use a bleach or anything gritty or you will totally lose the finish and it will continue to stain easily.

• Angie Angie on Nov 02, 2019

If you try the Goo Gone, make certain the tub is dry before you put the goo gone on the area. I would let it sit a few minutes and then rub or scrub with a brush or rough rag first.