How do I clean soap scum on silestone countertops in the bathroom?

Sheila
by Sheila
+2

(Quartz product)

• Get in there with a toothbrush or something small that can get into the cracks. Not sure what the counter is made of because I think auto correct did something weird in your question but whatever cleaner is safe to use on the counter should work around the faucet with a little brush.

• Joyce Clark Joyce Clark on Dec 05, 2018

I use this on all my bathroom jobs I leave on for over a hour then clean off you might have to do it a second time but it does clean it

• Quartz counters are very durable, and non porous, so the soap scum is only on the surface. You should be able to scrape it with a plastic putty knife, if it's super thick... then use a degreaser product that's safe for the quartz to finish breaking through the remaining soap residue.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 09, 2018

Hi SHeila: Hard water build-up can cause staining on Silestone surfaces. To clean these areas, apply a paste made from equal parts baking soda and white vinegar. Let it sit on the surface for 10-20 minutes, then remove with cold water using a Scotch-Brite non-scratch scouring pad or sponge or one of those eraser sponges. Good luck.