Is there some way to make the DIY fabric softener also prevent static?

+3
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 27, 2017
    There are several ways to make a DIY fabric softener which should prevent static as well. Below is a link to several ideas from fellow Hometalkers. Wishing you the best & Happy New Year!
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Fabric%20Softener%20in%20Natural%20Solutions

• Ken Ken on Dec 27, 2017
    Humidity in my house right now is 38%. Static electricity is everywhere. Downy and dryer sheets have no effect so it is no wonder your vinegar and hair conditioner is doing the same. I just did a quick Google search and found nothing in the way of some magic juice you can add. May be worth a look to see if an alternative solution to static might do.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 27, 2017
    Try vinegar in the fabric softener well.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 27, 2017
    Hi there, I just use white vinegar in the washing machine where the liquid fabric softener goes and it takes care of the static no problem!

• Maggie Passaro Maggie Passaro on Dec 27, 2017
    Vinegar never worked for my static, i do use it for softener, but in dryer i use a wad of aluminum foil, toss it in and it takes out static better than softener sheets
    one wad will last for many dryer loads, and is best idea i hve ever found