How can I remove melted wax from fabric?

+3

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Feb 04, 2019

Hi Debra, sorry you have melted wax on your fabric. Here is a way to remove it. Good luck. Place a dishcloth or a towel under the item of clothing or tablecloth, then put two paper towels over the top of the wax stain. Set an iron at a low to medium heat and iron over the area. The heated wax will melt again, and come away from the fabric, soaking instead into the paper towel.

How to Remove Wax From Clothes | Cleanipedia

https://www.cleanipedia.com/ph/laundry/how-to-remove-wax-stains-from-clothes.html

• Debra Debra on Feb 04, 2019

Thank you Peggy!! I am so grateful as it was my Mother's who past away.

Debra

• Sherri Onorato Sherri Onorato on Feb 05, 2019

Hey debra, I was going to suggest the same thing except... Instead of paper towel I use rags that can be thrown away after.

• Karolyn Slader Karolyn Slader on Feb 06, 2019

I thought this was a little crazy but I did it in desperation and it worked like a charm. I put a silk blouse in the freezer and scraped the wax off with a butter knife. Then I hand washed it and it didn’t spot or show any sign of having wax on it. I have found that dish soap and white toothpaste on grease stains put into the freezer after rubbing the cleaner in can also lift the geasey stain without leaving any left over spots or water stains.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on May 19, 2020

Hi Debra, You might try spraying it with Totally Awesome Cleaner without bleach. You get it at the dollar store. Spray it on, let it sit for a little bit, maybe 30 seconds, and then sponge it off.