How do you get urine smells out of a carpet?

+3
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 06, 2019

Natures Miracal pet products. Comes in a spray bottle. It has enzymes to break up the wee.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Feb 07, 2019

Hi there Dee, here are a few home made recipes you can try - https://spotremoval.coit.com/remove-urine-smell-from-carpet The baking soda paste and vinegar one has always worked for us.

• Lizbeth Lizbeth on Feb 07, 2019

Nature's Miracle is great stuff. But remember the urine may have soaked into the padding underneath too.

• Carolyn Ricks Carolyn Ricks on Feb 07, 2019

Try sprinkling baking soda over night. If that don't work for you there a product call urine b gone. wal-mart or amazon

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 07, 2019

HI Dee: I had carpeting pulled up after 40 years only to find that the cats used one corner as a potty! Talk about stink:( For some reason I couldn't smell it until I pulled the carpet up:/ I got a product called OdorMute. Sometimes Pet Supplies Plus carries it or you can get it on-line. It's a granule and you mix it with warm water. I sprayed the area from the top and from the bottom, going into the basement to do that. I used a goodly amount, but not soaking the wood so it would swell. I left it for a day, resprayed and the smell is gone. This stuff is amazing, you can wash the pets in it if they get sprayed by skunks, wash your clothes and just everything. Cats peed on my son's baseball pants. He hid them in a plastic bag and I found them several years later. I put them in a pail of water with the OdorMute and they came out smell free and really white. It should work on your floor, it works on everything. And, it's earth friendly, has no odor of it's own, and made in the USA! You need something that is an enzyme eater, that's what makes the smell, the enzymes, and this stuff has that! Some Walmart stores sell it, too. I highly recommend this product! :) Good luck.