How to get musky smells out of an apartment rental carpet?

+2

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Feb 06, 2019

Start with Damp-Rid to remove any moisture in the air. You may need several of the packets or tubs.

Then you can clean with Odo-Ban or vinegar/water (50/50) in a carpet cleaner. Keep using the Damp-Rid until you are certain the carpet is completely dry.

Plain (without lighter fluid) charcoal is also a good odor eliminator.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 06, 2019

Hi Theresa,

Baking soda is a great odor eliminator. Sprinkle it on all of the carpet and let it sit at least overnight. You want to give it time to work in this situation. Next vacuum it up then use a steam cleaner with 1 cup of vinegar in the water. That should pull out all of the smells. If it's better, but not fully gone, you can repeat this safe, chemical free method. Wishing you the best.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Feb 06, 2019

Ditto Linda's answer

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 12, 2019

Theresa,. Try Arm&Hammer pet odor remover with a dog on the front. It has a nice smell. I used it when my cat went on a spraying spree. I had to scrub everything with Lestiol. You leave it on for 15/20 minutes, then vacuum. It's not expensive, I got this in the Dollar Tree. Aloha!