Remove splattered concrete

A handyman who replaced a larger window with a smaller window left concrete waste all over the ground below and it splattered on the gas meter. How can I remove it. I've fired him for his incompetence but I don't know how to fix it.

  5 answers
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 01, 2018
    It is the handyman's responsibility to fix the damage that he has caused. There is a concrete dissolver that can be use for tools & equipment but I don't know for sure about your gas meter. In addition, you gas company may actually own the meter so they should have a say in what is done to it. I'd start with the handyman to see if he'll fix it without a problem. If he's licensed in your area, he should do that because if he doesn't, he could lose his license. If that doesn't work, next I'd call the gas company and tell them what happened and ask what they want you to do. If they won't help you, then consider the dissolver, but please research more than the article below to figure out if it's safe for your meter. Document everything starting with what happened the date and who you talked to at each business so that you have all the facts written down. Click below to begin to read about concrete dissolver. Wishing you the best.

  • Ann Ann on Apr 01, 2018
    A chisel and hammer ought to chunk it off.

  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Apr 01, 2018
    The splatter may be removed with a coarse brush but it depends on how much is on the ground. Might be able to bust up and haul away. Maybe a picture of ground.

  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 01, 2018
    You should have made him clean it up, I would call gas company to inspect and advise you now.

  • Janice Janice on Apr 01, 2018
    Vinegar and a good scrub brush should do the trick.