How do I get film from WD40 off of mirrors.

+5
i finally got around to scrapping old labels off of mirrors in my basement bathroom. I had to useWD 40 to get them off. I now cannot get the film streaks off the mirrors. Any ideas?

• Rubbing alcohol or vinegar!

• Judy Judy on Dec 12, 2017
    I would try windex, or vinegar water, and try again. It may take awhile to get this clean. Keep plugging away, J.

• Jnk32085589 Jnk32085589 on Dec 12, 2017
    Vinegar or shaving cream

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 12, 2017
    Hello. Try wiping it down with rubbing alcohol and then clean. Good Luck!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 12, 2017
    white vinegar,water 50/50 a blue dawn dish soap

• Kay Kay on Dec 12, 2017
    Metholated Spirit and water. If you wan't to remove lables use Mineral Turps! not Gum Turps! I allways soak a piece of paper towel in the Turps and let it sit on the labkes for a bit, then come back and rub them off. Metholated Spirit @ water is @ great glass cleaner. I use it to clean the glass of my mobile phone! Metholated spirit can be use to remove stickers to, depending on the glue used. Tip. Do not use a scraper on glass, unless you rap it around a soft cloth, as it may scratch the glass! Kay Adelaide Australia

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 12, 2017
    When I use WD 40 to remove labels... I use Dawn dish soap to remove the oiliness from the WD... and on your mirror just use Windex to remove the soap residue

• Sallie Wolff Sallie Wolff on Dec 12, 2017
    I wash them with a tiny bit of Dawn then wipe with plain water then with vinegar its a little putzy but I found Dawn cuts the grease then the vinegar gets the smears and streaks off.