How to freshen mattress pads?

+3
  • V Smith V Smith on Jan 02, 2018
    If you mean the kind of matress cover that slips on like a fitted sheet, you can toss it into the dryer a fluff it on a low heat for 10 minutes. If you add a dryer sheet it will give it some fragrance. If you mean something like a queen size featherbed/pillowtop you could do it the same way but you may need to use a commercial dryer for its size. When in doubt check the care label to make sure it can go into the dryer..

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 02, 2018
    put them in the wash. If Cotten, hot water, if synthetic warm water. Dry Cotten on a warm setting..or if needing moisture in the air hang to dry. Synthetic I air dry.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 02, 2018
    If you mean foam pads, I sprinkle with borax, let sit a couple hours and vacuum off. Otherwise if they are the cloth ones, I go to laundromat with huge washers and dryers and do them.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 02, 2018
    Febreeze for Fabric..........

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 02, 2018
    Mattress pads need to be washed to get all the mites and dead skin flakes out of it. Febreeze will not do this. As was said, if it is a cloth pad, wash it in hot water. Dry outside as a dryer's heat can shrink it. If it is a foam pad, I'd take it outside and hose it off. Leave it in the sun to dry.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 03, 2018
    Fabreeze will do it= good luck!