How to clean baked in grease?

+8
I have a good pot in which I seared a roast. Now I can't get rid of the baked in grease. I read something about using hydrogen peroxide with something else, but I cannot find the article. Can you help??
Thanks in advance

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 12, 2017
    Mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to make a fizzy paste. Smear it all over the burned parts and let it sit in the sink for a couple of hours. Scrub it with a scrubbie pad afterwards, and then wash as usual. You may have to repeat it a couple of times depending on how much grease was burned onto the pan.

• Pg Pg on Dec 12, 2017
    Yes, it was with baking soda as the abrasive to scrub it with. I have not tried it yet. Love to know if it works.

• BJ Beckmann BJ Beckmann on Dec 12, 2017
    Put about a half inch of water in the pan, add 2-3 Tbsp of Baking Soda and either leave soaking for a few hours or tou can put on the stove and boil the muxture for about a min or 2. This will soften the baked on grease. You can also scrub it with baking soda. Either way will work. I use Baking soda for all pot cleaning, inside and out.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 12, 2017
    blue dawn dish soap,baking soda and hydrogen peroxide

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 12, 2017
    I've always boiled any pan that had something burned on. The bubbles help release it. I also use baking soda in the water. Once it starts to boil, watch that it doesn't overflow. You will have to turn down the heat. Let it boil a while and you'll start to see pieces of the burned on material moving in the water. I then use a metal scraper (but a plastic one should work too) to lift up anything on the bottom that is loose. Eventually I take it off the heat and dump the water and gunk (I have a disposal but if you don't, be careful with the gunk - maybe strain the water and toss the gunk in the trash wrapped in newspaper) If there is still anything left then I use the baking soda and vinegar trick and let it sit for a while. If there is STILL some left, they I get out a scouring pad of some kind and use some elbow grease to scrub. :) Most of the time that doesn't happen or there is only a little bit left. Wishing you the best.

• Kay Kay on Dec 12, 2017
    Method 1. Use Bicarb of Soda. Place some water on to boil in the pot, once the water has boiled, place a good heaped teaspoon of Bicard of Soda in the pot. Turn the stove temp, down to simmer, let simmer for 5-10 mins. Come back, using a wooden spoon, start scraping @ loosening tbe burnt gunk in the pan. Once the gunk is loosened, tip the water out @ wash as usual. You may have to repeate the process depending on how stuck the gunk is. Method 2. this is my Brothers method. Sprinkel salt over the gunk, place pot out in the sun, put a piece of glass over the pot, leave for a few hours, come back, using a pot scraper or wooden spoon loosen the gunk, then wash as usual. Again you may have to repeate the process. You can allso use stealo soap pads. They are pads made of steal wool inpregnated with soap. They are cheep, but highly effective. Tip. After cooking, if you notice a pot, has a bit of gunk, stuck to the bottem, soak the inside of the pot in worm water, for a bit, scrape the gunk away, then wash as usual. By doing this, you get the gunk before it sets to much, so it is easier to get off. Good luck with the pot. Kay Adelaide Australia

• Libby Libby on Dec 13, 2017
    i had burnt aromatics to stainless steel pot last month (burned pot was very aromatic). Add juice of a lemon to pot, and water. Boil away. Any remaining black comes out with a hearty rub with tin foil