Easiest way to clean bacon grease off a window?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 07, 2018
    make a mixture of white vinegar/water and add blue dawn dish soap

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jan 07, 2018
    Well- That's sure to be a new question! I would use the same approach as if bacon grease elsewhere. If cold, scrape off with a metal kitchen spatula, ( my new favorite all purpose household tool!) then wash with windex and paper towel(s). Bacon grease and 'hamburger' grease gets all over my kettle and stove top. I have a makeshift lid for the large frying pan ( it's an old pizza pan) which helps cut down the ammount of grease splatter. Maybe even part of an old cardboard box could be placed to protect your window area.
    One more thought to avoid this - is that I actually cook my bacon in the oven in a shallow rectangular roasting pan - and worry about the grease later. I do the whole pound/ package all at once for about 20-30 minutes from frozen. Part way through I seperate the slices with a fork and pour off the extra fat. If I seperate the bacon part way through, I can drain some ' less cooked' and reheat wrapped in a paper towel on a plate in the microwave.

• Susan Bechamp Susan Bechamp on Jan 08, 2018
    Help soften the greases hold on your window by heating it with a hairdryer, then wash with hot water, vinegar and a grease cutting dish soap. Let the mixture sit awhile. Use a plastic spatula or putty knife to scrape off the larger globs. Keep washing until it’s clean.
    (This works better if you can remove the window pane from the frame and lay flat on a work table).
    I’ve used ammonia and hot water on windows too.
    Use a glass polish to help make clean ups easier. Clean that window often so grease doesn’t build up.