How can I remove tarnish from sterling silver jewelry?

+3

Is there any home remedy for removing tarnish from sterling silver jewelry? Please advise.Thank youPat

• Rebecca Taylor Rebecca Taylor on Feb 06, 2019

Hello Pat, here is an article I think will help you.

https://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/how-to-clean-silver/

• P poupon P poupon on Feb 06, 2019

Try putting a piece of Aluminum foil at bottom of a bowl. Add washing soda (made by Arm & Hammer) and very hot water. Dip silver jewelry into bowl - be sure silver touches the Aluminum foil. It should remove the tarnish within a few seconds. Do this for silverplate silverware also.

• Joni Joni on Feb 06, 2019

Ashes. My mother used to make a paste of ash and use as a cleaner.

• Pamela Pamela on Feb 06, 2019

Hi ! Yes ! I make jewelry and have this issue , you can buy a polishing cleaning cloth , that works well . They make jewelry cleaner in tubs , that you drop your jewelry pieces in , soak it and take it out and rinse it off...I have not tried this , but maybe someone else will let you know if it works .

• Michele Michele on Feb 06, 2019

Soak in jewelry cleaner. Clean with a magic eraser Then store with the little. Packages that come in pill bottles. That feel like there are stones in it. Keep package in original fo. Do Not Open

also the little papers that come with them. Keep them in package and seal even a plastic bag works. Better to separate jewelry

• Kel13229961 Kel13229961 on Feb 08, 2019

I tried the baking soda and aluminum foil, was very disappointed with the results. You can buy silver cream tarnish remover. This worked better than any other products I bought at the store. After cleaning, I used a liquid polish where you put a thin layer, let it dry, then buff off. My silver sparkled after that. A lot of work, but well worth it!