How do I clean hard water stains from shower walls?

+8
We have hard well water with iron. Most cleaners are too viscous to stay long enough on shower walls to be effective. Is there an environmentally friendly, non- scratching cleaner to use that won't immediately run off?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 18, 2017
    make a mixture of white vinegar and water and add a dab of blue dawn dish soap,spray on and wipe with a Mr. Clean Magic eraser.Every day use a daily shower spray and a squeege

• They have a thick lime a way that is a toilet bowl cleaner that will stick to the wall or try a foam spray bathroom cleaner

• Mcgypsy9 Mcgypsy9 on Dec 18, 2017
    Have you tried making a baking soda and water paste? Apply to areas and let sit for a little bit. Take a steel wool pad #0000 and scrub down. All the residue should come right off. Do not use this on plastics. If you are cleaning just the walls, do not use the steel wool on them. The baking soda paste should work fine. Let sit and spray down with white vinegar to remove with a cloth. You may need to do this a couple of times.

• See 1 previous
    • Mcgypsy9 Mcgypsy9 on Dec 21, 2017
      Ok when I posted my comment I was assuming you had had your tub for a while. If this is new you should have gotten a booklet with it that gives instruction on how to clean. If not, go on the internet and try to look it up because I would hate for you to do something that would scratch it. The vinegar would be ok but the baking soda acts like a mild sandpaper.

• Shelley Porch Shelley Porch on Dec 18, 2017
    The very best we have used is Iron out. Our well water is terrible and Iron out is the best for showers. Put it on wet walls after you shower. My first application I did almost a full bottle. Have a wash cloth available to use as a mask the fumes are quite harsh

Use the spray for shower and power for toilets

sorry powder

• Carol Carol on Dec 18, 2017
    I used Scrub Free foaming cleanser and a big wad of nylon net to clean off soap scum. Buy netting from fabric store, it's cheap and great for scrubbing, won't scratch.

• Monica Monica on Dec 20, 2017
    TSP