How do I get burned blackened rice from the bottom of a steel pot?

+2
I tried boiling with a few drops of dish detergent, vinegar and water, with baking soda and water, scraping it off. I soaked it over night and got the big pieces off, but the very stubborn ones were burned black and stuck to the bottom of the pan. Now the pan has scratch marks from the spatula.

• Dil8540905 Dil8540905 on Jan 06, 2018
    Bar Keepers Friend and a scrub pad

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jan 06, 2018
    Place a fabric softener sheet in the bottom of the pan. Pour about an inch of very hot water and let sit over night

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 06, 2018
    Unfortunately sometimes the scratch marks will be permanent.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 06, 2018
    I have done that and just continued to boil it, then scrub it. When you get down to the black color on the bottom, I was told wadded aluminum foil can be used to scrub it out. Hope this helps.

• FL FL on Jan 06, 2018
    I agree with Dillardmyers about the scrub pad but I would use baking soda as a scouring powder. It will come clean, just soak overnight with baking soda and water, rinse out and scrub. You may get it all out in one shot or you may need to repeat, but it will come out.