How do I remove stubborn 2-sided tape?

+5
We removed sliding doors from our fiberglass shower stall. In addition to screws and grout, there was 2-sided tape holding the door frame in. I have tried GooGone, acetone, putty knife (trying not to scratch fiberglass), everything I can think of. Ive been able to remove some, but not the majority of the tape. Any help would be appreciated!
q how do i remove stubborn 2 sided tape
  • 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 09, 2017
    Goooff. Put on & let set for awhile & should come off do IG in small areas so don't dry out. Start at top as it will run down.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 09, 2017
    Try using a razor blade to get off as much of the foam as you can, that may be preventing what you use for removing the adhesive from actually getting into the sticky stuff to work.

• John John on Dec 09, 2017
    If goof off does not get it, RUSTOLEUM makes a spray that removes decals and other sticky stuff. Plus, they sponsor TJ Zizzo's 330 mph Top Fuel Dragster! He is a buddy of mine.

• Linda Hunt Linda Hunt on Dec 09, 2017
    Carefully scrape off as much as you can with a plastic scraper. Then you could use a blow dryer to gently heat it bit by bit and keep scraping as much of it as you can. Then I would use Googone for the last of the residue. It is time consuming but the other method would be replacing the trim!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 09, 2017
    Lighter fluid and a expired credit or gift card as a scraper are my favorite adhesive removers.

• Sue Wright Sue Wright on Dec 10, 2017
    Olive oil and plastic scraper. Time consuming but it will come off.

• Inetia Inetia on Dec 10, 2017
    Try acetone and a plastic scraper.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 10, 2017
    Did you try using a wallpaper scraper with a brand new blade?