How do you get dark shadows out of a bath tub?

Sar22366306
by Sar22366306
+9
  • Terri Hester Brown Terri Hester Brown on Jun 25, 2017
    Two ways that I know of. Put a light in the ceiling or anyone who remembers the 60s soap, Dark Shadows remembers, kill Barnabas Collins, the vampire.

• Nancy Carl Nancy Carl on Jun 25, 2017
    Common problem. Builders let dirty water sit in the tub during construction, and I can't find anything to remove them!

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 25, 2017
    Is it along the bottom? Do you think it's some kind of dirt or is it possible the finish has been worn partway through from scrubbing? I know I have some areas that are a little bit grey on the edge of the tub where you get it. I tried straight bleach and nothing happened. I think it's begun to wear through so I am careful about cleaning it gently. There are kits on the market that you can use to refinish a tub. It takes quite a bit of time and it must be done in a well ventilated area.

You can search ' diy bathtub refinishing ' for other ideas, but here's one to get started with. I suggest also going to youtube.com and search the same wording. Watch what others do.

Good luck!

• Sar22366306 Sar22366306 on Jun 25, 2017
      I believe you are correct. Most likely the tub needs to re-glazed.

Thanks and I will check into the cost.

Thanks & God's Best!

• Can you explain "dark shadows?"

• Ronda Eudy Ronda Eudy on Jun 25, 2017
    i use sos pads.

• Just peachy Just peachy on Jun 25, 2017
    Old fashioned ajax works great. Those diatoms work really well.

• Virginia Virginia on Jun 25, 2017
    Scrubbing Bubbles in a modern bath. If it is a cast iron tub with porcelain, that's more difficult. Through the years I've had one, I've found they're more trouble than they're worth. I think Lime Away was the best way to remove a lot of it. But if you scrub out the ring with Ajax every day, you won't have the shadow to fix from them on.