How to remove melted wax that harden on a rug?

+2
While carrying a candle that was still burning, some of the melted wax spilled onto my rug (it's an indoor/outdoor rug) and I have no idea how to remove it. Thank you in advance for your advise/assistance.
Marie

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 20, 2017
    Make a mat of folded paper towels. Using a hot iron (NO steam!) press it down until the wax melts onto the paper towels. Keep doing this until all of the wax is absorbed.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 20, 2017
    If it's thick, start with ice. put ice on it until you can scrape some of it off. Then use Fiddledd224's method with the paper towels and iron. Wishing you the best & Happy Holidays.

• Suzette Suzette on Dec 20, 2017
    Hi Marie, here's a how to video that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljr1b29pBx0

Good luck!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 20, 2017
    My wax melter that I use instead of candles got dumped on my off white rug. After I almost cried when I saw it, I calmed down, it had already hardened by the time I found it so I went for a butter knife and ice cubes. It was tedious, but, all that red wax did come off. I scraped, froze, and scraped.

• Barbara J. Gale Barbara J. Gale on Dec 20, 2017
    ice cube