I am 71 yrs old with arthritis how to clean bottom of toilets?

+4
  • Bijous Bijous on Dec 06, 2017
    Use a microfiber duster that is typically used to clean ceiling fans. They are long enough to get around the toilet and even bend to get behind the toilet. That way, no bending and they can be used again and again with whatever products you use to clean. Just rinse out. the microfiber dries quickly.

• Tina worley Tina worley on Dec 06, 2017
    Oh by the way? Offer a guest a pair of rubber gloves and have someone spray and do a quick wipe down for you. Also to check the tank, turn off water underneath, empty tank, a little baking soda and vinegar, brushing as go and then flush. Turn water back on underneath. This is important to do because of mold that can accumulate there.

• Danielle Danielle on Dec 06, 2017
    I am guessing by "bottom" you are referring to the base of the toilet and around the bolts that secure it to the floor. If that's the case I would suggest a Mr Clean Magic Reach. You can buy them at most major chain stores like WalMart or Meijers.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 06, 2017
    There is a product out there called a Hurricane Spin Scrubber... it has an extension handle and several different brush/heads for different surfaces (about $30 on several sites..including Amazon Google: spin scrubber...i have also seen it in the "as seen on TV" aisle at Walmart) What ever you use it needs to be cleanable and small enough to fit around the space in back of the toilet..

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 06, 2017
    I have similar limits and my husband got me a Turbo Scrubber online. They have them now in Walmart. They do all the scrubbing for you and I use a cloth mop to wipe up the suds from the Scrubber. We love it and use it for many difficult things to clean around the house like the shower walls, tight places, and even tires to the car. They come with rechargeable batteries and plug as well as several brushes and a net to store them in.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Dec 06, 2017
    Im guessing you mean the base part that is next to the floor? If so, wash your mop head and use it. A laundered mop head will also wash your baseboards. When we installed new toilets I insisted on toilets that don't have that flat part that bolts to the floor but are skirted...so easy to clean and looks great.