I burned food in my stainless steel pot. How can I get out the stains

+3
I've removed all of the charred food but black spots remain in the pot. It's Revere ware copper bottom and part of a set (from my parents) and I would like to restore it.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 24, 2017
    Try Bar Keepers friend

• Sandy Lkwd Sandy Lkwd on Dec 24, 2017
    I have a set of Revere ware and it is OLD ! The best thing on the market is Barkeepers Friend. It is amazing for glass scum stainless copper etc And it never scratches I've been using it for 20 + years.

• Connie Connie on Dec 24, 2017
    Boil water & lemons or vinegar in pot.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 24, 2017
    Put some baking soda to cover the bottom of the pan, then fill with water just to cover the baking soda. Simmer on the stove for about 20 minutes. Let sit for at least half hour till the pan is cool, then scrub with paper towel, then a scrungie sponge.

• Bar keepers friend!! May require a bit if elbow grease but my stainless pots and pans are 5years old and still look brand spanking new

• Oh! Next time you burn stuff in the bottom throw a fabric softener sheet in there with some hot water and let it sit overnight. Softens the charred food nicely!