Refreshing Tub/Shower tile grout

+2
We built this house in 1969. I remember standing in the tub applying grout to the tile work. It was really boring.

And now it is looking discolored. I found a product to brighten up the calking and have some tile cleaner, but the grout looks ... icky.

Any ideas?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 17, 2017
    Here's a video that should help. Wishing you the best. Happy Holidays!

• Jbl19326867 Jbl19326867 on Dec 18, 2017
      Thanks Janet. Wow - looks like a lot of work, but it will be worth it. Guess I was looking for an easy-fix, but will plan on getting to work. I know I'll feel really good about it when it's finished.

Again, thank you so much.

JoAnne Baker
      Longview, Washington

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 18, 2017
    On a recommendation, I recently used Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner which is a gel on my porcelain tile grout and they came out nicely. Apply to the corners of four tile and then move the gel into the grout lines with a toothbrush and scrub. Let sit for a few minutes and then wash thoroughly. I would try this before scraping out the grout.

• Updiane Updiane on Dec 18, 2017
    when my tiles were installed they were sealed with grout sealer. over time they got dingy. tried purchased grout cleaners and diluted bleach but it did not seem to help much. I then tried LA totally awesome cleaner (Dollar tree qt for 1.00) tested in spots to make sure it did not remove the actual grout color) use various diluted strenghts but still not sucessful until I did it full strengh and brushed it with a fairly stiff brush. this is now my go to grout cleaner.